are personal VISA credit cards issued by UMB Bank to employees of the State of
Kansas. Use of Travel Cards allows employees to avoid undue hardship when traveling on
State business. Employees charge expenses incurred during travel to Travel Cards, submit
travel claim forms at the end of travel periods and receive reimbursement from
the state prior to the credit card billing becoming due.
- What services are provided with UMB Bank's VISA Travel Card
- How do I apply for a Travel Card?
- What are the
minimum requirements for receiving a VISA Travel Card?
- Will my credit history be reviewed by UMB Bank when my application is
- What is the billing
cycle limit for VISA Travel Cards?
- Will my VISA Travel Card have to be
the State of Kansas have liability for charges to individual Travel Cards?
Will I be charged interest if I have an unpaid balance on my VISA Travel Card account?
- Can I charge cash advances to
my Travel Card?
- Is flight insurance provided if tickets are
purchased with the Travel Card?
- A&R Contacts
What services are provided with UMB Bank's
VISA Travel Card package?
The UMB Bank VISA Travel Card is loaded with important services which can help make your business
travels more trouble free.
- VISA Travel Emergency Services 24/7
- Primary Coverage Auto Rental Insurance
- $500,000 Travel Accident Insurance
- $1,250 Baggage Insurance
- No annual fees
- Extended grace period for required payment in full without late fees
- Internet account access
- Check your Travel Card credit card balance and statements, view transactions,
and begin reconciliation of your credit card account (http://www.umb.com/commercial/index.html
- Select 'Commercial Card' in the drop-down box.)
- Wide range of limits to meet a variety of needs
- 24 hour/7day automated account inquiry at 1-800-821-5184
- VISA Commercial Account Representatives at 1-888-494-5141
How do I apply for a Travel Card?
- Travel Card Application Form (.pdf format)
- You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to view this form. (Download
instructions for Adobe Acrobat Reader) Once the form is opened on your PC, you will be able
to fill it in from your PC, then print if off for signature. Place your cursor in the first
field (name) and then tab to each succeeding field. Please note that Adobe Acrobat Reader does
not allow for saving the document and that your name will appear on your credit card exactly
as written on the application form.
What are the minimum requirements for receiving
a VISA Travel Card?
- You must be a permanent full-time employee.
- Your salary must be at least $15,000 per year.
- Please contact Tim Hund for questions regarding variance to the minimum requirements.
Will my credit history be reviewed by UMB Bank when
my application is processed?
Issuance of Travel Cards by UMB Bank is conditional upon a review of your past credit history.
Please contact Tim Hund if you have concerns regarding this procedure.
What is the billing cycle limit for VISA Travel Cards?
The billing cycle limit for VISA Travel Cards is $2,500. Please contact Tim Hund, if you believe
the $2,500 limit will cause a hardship during your travel.
Will my VISA Travel Card have to be activated?
Prior to using the Travel Card, the cardholder must activate the card by following instructions provided
on the card.
Will the State of Kansas have liability for charges to individual
The State of Kansas will have NO liability for charges to individual Travel Cards.
Will I be charged interest if I have an unpaid balance on
my VISA Travel Card account?
No interest will be charged for retail transactions paid within 45 days of billing.
Can I charge cash advances to my Travel Card?
Cash advances cannot be charged to Travel Cards.
Is the state employee covered by travel insurance
if a plane goes down for mechanical reasons and the traveler's ticket was purchased with the
State of Kansas Travel Card?
- If the ticket is purchased using the State of Kansas Travel Card, and there is
a mechanical failure of the aircraft and a loss of life of the traveler, there is coverage of
$500,000 which is paid to the estate of the employee.
- If a ticket is purchased using the State of Kansas Travel Card, and there is a
loss of life of the traveler from an act of " war" or "terrorism",
the employee is not covered by travel insurance. This noncoverage of travel
insurance is a result of the United state being officially "at war"
since September 11, 2001.