Kansas Department of Administration
This image/email designed to try to catch spammers. Home | Facilities | Financial Management | Personnel Services | Printing |
Procurement & Contracts | Repealer | Surplus Property | Systems Management |

Payroll Services

Supplemental Process Procedures

  • A supplemental is processed when either there was no on-cycle paycheck created, or the on-cycle paycheck is being reversed.
  • A supplemental will create a whole paycheck for the employee for that pay period including gross wages and all taxes and all deductions.

  • A supplemental is processed by the agency in one of the three off-cycle runs after an on-cycle payroll confirmation.

    • After those three off-cycle runs, the agency would need to submit a request to the Division of Accounts and Reports, Payroll Services team to process a paycheck for the employee. Instructions for submitting a Centrally Entered Paycheck Adjustment can be found at http://www.da.ks.gov/ar/payroll/adjustment.htm.
  • A supplemental cannot be requested prior to the first off-cycle processing day, normally the first Monday after final pay calculation.
  • The paycheck distribution will be the same as any other paycheck or advice.
  • Remember that before using any Shared Leave hours on a time sheet, you must first use all available vacation and sick leave balances.

Procedures for Requesting a Supplemental Paycheck Online.

  1. Go to Time and Leave > Create Employee Supplemental.
  2. Enter the Employee ID Number and Pay Period End Date.
  3. Click on "Search".
  4. Enter or correct the earnings code(s) and hours or dollar amounts on the time sheet.
  5. Click on the OK to Process? Box on the time sheet. If the box is already clicked on, you will need to click it off and then back on.
  6. Click on "Save".
  7. There should be a message at the bottom of the page stating that a supplemental request has been made for this time sheet.
  8. Verify that the supplemental processed in the next off-cycle run by checking the PAY002, Payroll Register, or looking online in Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Produce Payroll > Review Paycheck. Enter the Pay Period End Date and the Employee ID Number in the search boxes and click on "Search". The supplemental will have a pay group that begins with the letter "S".
  9. If the supplemental did not process:
    • Look for Payroll Error Messages
      • Payroll for North America > Payroll Processing USA > Review Processing Messages > Review Payroll Error Messages.
      • Enter the Employee ID number and click on "Search"
      • Be sure to check for all error messages on this page.
      • Any errors will need to be corrected and the supplemental must be requested again on the Time and Leave page.
      • If you receive "No records found" continue on with the next step.
    • Look for Time Entry Errors
      • Go to Time and Leave > View Time Entry Errors.
      • Enter the Employee ID number and click on "Search".
      • Be sure to check for all error messages on this page.
      • If there are time entry errors, you will need to request the supplemental again on the Time and Leave page and fix the errors.
  10. If you still cannot determine why a supplemental did not process, contact the Division of Accounts and Reports Payroll Services Team at 785-296-2311.